In Ireland you'll find harps that have been especially developed for the traditional music played in that country. My harps have been modeled after those harps, and are designed to facilitate the playing of traditional music in particular, as well as provide the discriminating player with an instrument of un-excelled craftsmanship, tone and playability in general.
The Éireann model has medium-light string tension and a traditional 'even' string spacing that enhances the playing of traditional music, the dance tunes of which can be quite fast and intricately ornamented.
My harps feature the use of Savarez 'carbon' strings and Camac precision levers, and my hand-rubbed, waterborne lacquer finish is second to none in durability and silky smoothness.
Adequate tone and volume are always a concern on smaller harps, and I've developed these models to produce a tone that is sparkly clear in the treble and warm & bass-y in the lower registers, with adequate volume overall enabling the harp to be heard.
- 'Package Deal' includes a soft carrying case, complete spare set of strings, tuning key, tool kit and owner's manual.
- 34 strings: C2-A6 (2 octaves below middle 'C' up to 2 octaves plus 4 notes above middle 'C')
- Medium-light tension 'carbon' strings (Savarez Alliance KF) with 8 steel-core bass wires.
- Traditional "even' string spacing (approx. 4" between octaves)
- 3 year limited warranty, fully detailed in the Owner's Manual.
- Height at the top of the forepillar: 48”/122cm. Height at the shoulder (knee block area): 43"/109cm
- Depth: 37"/74cm. Soundboard width at bottom: 14.5"/37cm
- Weight: 17-19 lbs/7-8.0 kg. Depending on wood used.
- The harp shown at right has the 2" feet, is made from curly cherry w/natural finish, western red cedar soundboard, and pau ferro trim.
- Base plate with detachable legs (instead of 2" feet): $400
- Detachable legs available in 4", 5", 6", 7", and 8" lengths
- Detachable legs add 4-5 lbs to the weight of the harp
- Retrofit an older model with 2" feet to detachable legs: $500
- K&K pickup and preamp: $350